Open CTS (Certified Technical Specialist)
The Open Group Certified Technical Specialist (Open CTS) Program is designed to validate the existence of those qualities and skills in a professional that enable the effective practice of IT.
Three levels of Certification are available, depending on the length and characteristics of the Technical Specialist's experience.
- Level 1: Technical Specialist - able to perform as a contributing Technical Specialist with assistance/supervision, with a wide range of appropriate skills
- Level 2: Master Certified Technical Specialist - able to perform independently as lead specialist, and take responsibility for delivery of solutions
- Level 3: Distinguished Technical Specialist - delivering leadership, scope, depth and breadth of impact
There are two different routes to Technical Specialist certification, but the certification criteria are the same for both:
- Via Direct Certification: Application is made directly to The Open Group. The Direct route is available to individual practitioners, as well as to Technical Specialist working in companies or organizations that do not have an Accredited Certification Program.
- Via Accredited Certification Programs (ACPs): Technical Specialist(s) applying for certification via an ACP must be employees of the accredited organization. Application is made through the ACP.
The framework of accreditation and certification is specifically intended to standardize the process and criteria for Technical Specialist certification and establish a world-wide foundation for the required skills and experience of professional Technical Specialist.
The following diagram outlines the certification process: