Certification and Milestone Badge Registration
A Stepwise Path to Certification
Open Professions certification is awarded through experience-based profile assessment by recognized industry experts within their appropriate field. Certification is broken down into three stages – to allow you to manage your certification at a pace that is most suitable to you and to allow you to show evidence for your expertise more quickly:
- Step One - Obtain 4-5 Milestone Badges (four for Levels 1 & 3, five for Level 2). Candidates submit separate Milestone Application Forms, which are then evaluated independently. After earning all the required Milestone Badges, proceed to Step Two
- Step Two - Complete the Experience Application Form to apply for certification
- Step Three - Attend a board review
Apply for Certification or a Milestone Badge
Milestone badges are currently available for Architects and Data Scientists (Technical Specialists and Trusted Technology Providers coming soon).
Apply for an Architect Milestone Badge
- Level 1 or Level 2 Professional Communication
- Level 1 or Level 2 Professional Development
- Level 1 or Level 2 Experience Profile
Certification and Re-Certification Requirements
The specific Milestone Badges required for each level of certification are defined below. Further information on these requirements may be found in the profession-specific Configuration Document.
|Professional Communication||Professional Development||Experience Profile|
|Level 1||Yes||Yes||2 Experience Profile Milestone Badges required|
|Level 2||Yes||Yes||3 Experience Profile Milestone Badges required|
|Level 3||Not required||Yes||3 Experience Profile Milestone Badges required|
|Re-Certification||Not required||Yes||1 Experience Profile Milestone Badge required|
Individuals who were certified via the single-package approach or via an Accredited Certification Program who are due for re-certification directly with The Open Group will re-certify by earning two badges at the level of their certification - one in Professional Development and one Experience Profile Milestone Badge.
Contact the Open Professions Certification Authority for help on the milestone-based certification process or information on earning badges not listed above.