The Open Group Professional Certification (Open Professions) Program
The Open Group Professional Certification (Open Professions) Program provides a globally recognized credential enhancing your value and visibility as a professional, while enabling your organization to adopt best practices within its career model. It is a program that provides experience-based certification that has no examination requirement and:
- Provides a career framework with certification already used and recognized by world leading organizations
- Provides an objective, reliable measure of candidate capabilities and qualifications
- Ensures a more efficient and successful recruiting process with consistently positive results
- Enables organizations to formalize and recognize career progression
- Helps identify the best candidates for critical roles and responsibilities
The program consists of the following certifications:
- Open Certified Architect (Open CA) - Open CA is the premier, global certification for certifying skills and experience in the IT architecture community
- Open Certified Data Scientist (Open CDS) - Open CDS is the industry's most comprehensive certification available for Data Scientists and the organizations that employ them and is designed to verify that Data Scientist professionals have the qualities and capabilities required to produce effective analysis of data for the overall improvement of the business
- Open Certified Technical Specialist (Open CTS) - Open CTS is designed to verify that professionals have the qualities and skills needed to enable the effective development, implementation, and operation of IT solutions
- Open Certified Trusted Technology Practitioner (Open CTTP) - Open CTTP is designed to verify that professionals have the qualities and skills needed to enable the application of effective Trusted Technology security practices, such as those described in the O-TTPS: ISO/IEC 20243
A Stepwise Path to Certification
Certification is awarded through experience-based profile assessment by recognized industry experts within their appropriate field, so no examination is required. Certification is broken down into three stages – to allow you to manage your certification at a pace that is most suitable to you and to allow you to show evidence for your expertise more quickly:
- Step One - Obtain 4-5 Milestone Badges (four for Levels 1 & 3, five for Level 2). Candidates submit separate Milestone Badge applications, which are then evaluated independently. After earning all the required Milestone Badges, proceed to Step Two.
- Step Two - Complete the Experience Application to apply for certification.
- Step Three - Attend a Peer Review Board. Upon successful completion of the Board Evaluation, the certification and certification badge are awarded.
A candidate can achieve certification at three levels within each profession:
- Master Certified